Posted: June 22, 2015
Invisalign® offers an attractive alternative to braces for many of our patients in Calgary. If you want to align your teeth and bite without diminishing your look with cumbersome metal brackets, Invisalign® might be a suitable option for you.
Invisalign® is a popular treatment at our Calgary office. In determining your Invisalign® candidacy, Dr. Chee will evaluate the forces that move your teeth, measure your bite, and determine the optimal solution for bringing it into alignment.
We will be able to determine if you’re a candidate for Invisalign® treatment during your consultation. Qualities Dr. Chee will look for include:
- What makes you dissatisfied with your smile, such as an underbite, overbite or crooked teeth.
- Whether or not your situation will respond to orthodontic treatment– Invisalign® can correct most of the same problems as regular braces.
- Your ability to wear the custom retainer-shaped aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day.
- Your commitment to complying with the treatment schedule – begin using a new aligner every two weeks, and visit our Calgary office every six weeks for a checkup.
- Your overall oral health.
Most patients are able to enjoy an improved smile within a year after using Invisalign®. The brief treatment time and minor lifestyle adjustments helps make straighter teeth and an even bite easier to attain for patients who cringe at the thought of traditional braces.
To find out if Invisalign® is right for you, please contact our office in Calgary by completing the form on this page, or by calling 403-543-4600 to arrange an appointment. Aesthetic Dental Studio proudly serves patients from Cochrane and nearby communities in Alberta.