Providing a wide array of general dentistry services to patients is the cornerstone of most dental practices. At Aesthetic Dental Studio in Calgary, Dr. Gordon Chee and his dental team are dedicated to meeting all of your oral health needs, from a simple cavity filling to more complex treatments.
For more information on the services offered by our general dentist in Alberta, contact our knowledgeable and caring office team by calling 403-543-4600. We serve patients from Cochrane, Airdrie, and the surrounding areas.
What is General Dentistry?
General dentistry deals with the health of your teeth and gums. It aims to prevent, identify, and treat dental problems so you can enjoy optimal oral health and comfort.
A general dentist is often also called a “family dentist,” and is licensed to treat adults and children in all areas of dentistry. In most cases, and certainly here at our Calgary general dentistry office, the lead dentist develops and implements dental treatment plans to meet your unique needs.
Our Comprehensive General Dentistry Services
Aesthetic Dental Studio offers the following general dentistry services, customized to each patient:
- Teeth cleaning and polishing
- X-rays, digital photography, and other technologies that provide an accurate picture of your oral health
- Fluoride treatments
- Oral health examinations
- Diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease
- Oral cancer screenings
- Cavity fillings, including non-metal and biomimetic dentistry
- Composite bonding and dental crowns for damaged teeth
- Root canal therapy
- Dental bridges, dentures, and dental implants for missing teeth
- Teeth extraction, if necessary
Scheduling a dental visit every six months is the ideal way to protect your dental health and avoid potential problems. These preventative visits typically involve a deep cleaning as well as an oral health evaluation. On top of these appointments, your care may include any additional services needed to correct dental issues.
What General Dentistry Can Treat
General dentistry can treat most issues related to your oral health. Some of the most common problems that patients experience include:
- Gum disease: Gum disease, also called periodontal disease, is a leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Plaque is the primary cause of gum disease, but other factors such as illness, medication, hormonal changes, and smoking can also contribute to gingivitis and periodontitis. Daily dental hygiene routines and regular checkups with your dentist are the best ways of preventing periodontal disease.
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay’s slow assault on your teeth may go unnoticed until serious damage is done. That’s why it’s important to visit regularly with your dentist. Dr. Chee checks for signs of tooth decay and can offers treatments to prevent further harm. Cavities are a common form of decay, but can be prevented by good oral hygiene habits at home, and the avoidance of sugary snacks and beverages.
- Bad breath: While there are many causes of halitosis, bad breath is usually a good indication that something is amiss in your mouth. Perhaps your dental hygiene regimen is to blame, or the problem could be cavities or gum disease. It’s important to ask Dr. Chee what’s causing your bad breath.
- Tooth sensitivity: If you suffer from tooth sensitivity, hot drinks, cold beverages, and sweet treats usually precede immediate pain and discomfort. Tooth sensitivity should be immediately assessed by your dentist because it could be a signal that you have a cracked tooth, receding gums, or tooth decay.
Schedule Your Calgary Dental Appointment Today
To find out more about the outstanding services offered by our Calgary general dentistry practice, please contact Aesthetic Dental Studio by calling 403-543-4600. The goal of our general dentistry team is to offer you a one-of-a-kind dental experience that exceeds your expectations. We serve patients from Cochrane, Airdrie, and nearby areas of Alberta.