Invisalign® is a reliable and popular orthodontic treatment option for both teenagers and adults who are interested in a beautifully aligned smile. While the process is fast, it also requires patients to be compliant with treatment by changing aligners and keeping them clean. If you are considering Invisalign®, Dr. Gordon Chee and his team at Aesthetic Dental Studio in Calgary, AB, encourages you to learn about the care and attention needed for the aligner trays.
How to Care For Your Invisalign® Aligners
Taking care of your Invisalign® aligners is ensure you are getting the best possible results from your treatment. Here are a few of our tips on how to take proper care of your Invisalign® aligners, as provided by Dr. Gordon Chee and his team:
- Make sure to brush and floss before putting in your Invisalign® aligners every day. This will help reduce the number of bacteria and plaque that can build up between teeth, which can cause staining or discoloration on the aligners.
- Clean your aligners with a soft-bristle toothbrush and mild soap regularly. This removes any food particles or debris that may be stuck to the surface of the trays and prevent bacteria buildup.
- Store your aligners in a safe, clean place when not in use. This will help reduce the chances of them getting lost or damaged.
- Remove your trays for eating and drinking. Avoid eating and drinking anything other than water while wearing your Invisalign® aligners. Sugary and acidic foods can damage the trays and cause staining or discoloration.
- Comply with treatment progression. Follow the instructions given by Dr. Gordon Chee regarding how often to wear the aligners each day. Wearing them for too long or too little can affect their effectiveness and lead to unsatisfactory results.
By following the above tips, you can ensure that your Invisalign® treatment goes as smoothly as possible!
If you are considering Invisalign® treatment or are interested in learning more about the care of your trays, always take time to speak to your dental provider about the process to ensure the best results. Call Dr. Gordon Chee and his team at Aesthetic Dental Studio at 403-543-4600 to educate yourself further on Invisalign® treatment.