Maintaining a bright white smile is not easy. There are plenty of foods and beverages that will eventually discolor your teeth even if you take good care of them. There are even some medications that will discolor your teeth. If your smile is not as clean and bright as you want it to be, come on in to Aesthetic Dental Studio, where our Calgary cosmetic dentist Dr. Gordon Chee offers professional teeth whitening with in-office power bleaching and take-home teeth whitening trays. In the meantime, here are some tips on how to keep your teeth pearly white.
Teeth Whitening DOs
- DO brush and floss your teeth at least twice every day
- DO avoid (if possible) taking medications that cause tooth discoloration, such as tetracycline
- DO get regular dental checkups and teeth cleanings at Aesthetic Dental Studio
- DO get cavities filled right away to prevent further tooth decay
- DO consider porcelain veneers if you also have crooked or chipped teeth
- DO see our dentist Dr. Chee about neuromuscular dentistry if you grind your teeth at night
- DON’T smoke cigarettes or chew tobacco.
- DON’T drink coffee, tea, cola, or red wine in excess.
- DON’T eat acidic foods like citrus fruit in excess.
- DON’T forget to wear a mouth guard when playing hockey or other contact sports.
- DON’T use too much toothpaste, as fluoride can cause white stains on your teeth.
Teeth Whitening DON’Ts
To learn more about how to keep your smile bright and whiten your teeth here in Calgary, please contact our dentist Dr. Gordon Chee or drop by Aesthetic Dental Studio in Calgary’s Dalhousie Station Mall about cosmetic dentistry treatments.